Waterloo Hydrogeologic was founded in 1989 by Mr. Thomas Franz (M.Sc.) and Dr. Nilson Guiguer (Ph.D.) when they released FLOWPATH, the first fully-integrated, graphical modeling software package in the industry. The intuitive graphical format of this package made groundwater flow and pathline modeling accessible for practically any groundwater or environmental professional in the field. The popularity of FLOWPATH and its ease-of-use were instrumental in moving the technology of groundwater flow modeling out of the computer research laboratories and into the mainstream of professional consulting.
Since this time, Waterloo Hydrogeologic has continued to develop new programs to meet the advancing needs and technology requirements of the groundwater industry.
Since its foundation, the goal of the company has been to provide powerful, and yet easy-to-use, groundwater software to professionals in the environmental business. As a result of Waterloo Hydrogeologic’s leadership in this field, a new market for graphically based environmental software was formed and many competitors have entered this new market. However, Waterloo Hydrogeologic has retained a leading role with over 5,000 registered installations of its software in over 75 different countries around the world. This competitive edge has been maintained by:
- Organizing and participating in continuing education and training courses offered around the world,
- being actively involved with various national and international groundwater and environmental associations and organizations,
- providing unequalled client services,
- listening to the end-users and implementing key features that they request,
- following strict guidelines for software development and testing, and
- expanding and diversifying our products to keep pace with the advancing technological requirements of the environmental industry.
Through these efforts, Waterloo Hydrogeologic has grown from a small company consisting of two inspired individuals, to a dynamic company with over 20 employees dedicated to providing the best groundwater software and services available.
The main focus of the company is on client success. This is achieved by developing powerful, yet easy-to-use software for practical applications, and by offering unequalled technical services and customer support after the sale of any of our software products.