AquaChem is a groundwater software package for anyone working with water data, and is suited for projects requiring management, analysis and reporting of water quality data.
Water Quality Data Analysis and Reporting Software
AquaChem is a groundwater software package specifically designed for anyone working with water data. This software is ideally suited for water projects requiring management, analysis and reporting of groundwater quality data.
AquaChem’s analysis tools cover a wide range of functions and calculations used for analyzing, interpreting and comparing water quality data. These tools include simple unit transformations, charge balances, statistics and sample mixing to more complex functions such as correlation matrices and geothermometer calculations.
These powerful analytical capabilities are complemented by an extensive selection of commonly used geochemical plots and graphs to represent the chemical characteristics water quality data.
Why Choose AquaChem?
- Simple and easy analysis of water quality data
- Effortless and flexible data importing and exporting
- Over 25 essential geochemical plots and graphing techniques including piper, schoeller, scatter, box and whisker, stiff
- Intelligent handling of non-detect results.
- Automatic geochemical calculations of water type, sum of anions, sum of cations, ion balance, TDS, hardness and more.
- Extensive suite of statistical calculations for water quality analysis including trend analyses, alert levels, outlier tests, test for normality and more.
- Integrated geochemical modeling with PHREEQC (available from the USGS).
- Water quality exceedence reports for multiple water quality standards.
- Automatic ready-made reports.
The power of AquaChem for me is that it can easily make water quality graphs, like stiff diagrams
- Analyze and report aqueous geochemistry of municipal groundwater supply wells
- Report analytical lab results of samples from contaminated sites
- Manage water quality data from sanitary landfills
- Identify mineralization trends for mining exploration.
- Analyze, interpret and plot water quality data.
- Identify and report water quality guideline exceedences.
- Demonstrate regulatory compliance with chemical exceedence and trend analyses reports.
Worldwide AquaChem Users
Effortless Data Management & QA/QC
- Easily import data from various file types (.txt, .csv, .xls, .xlsx, .mdb, and .accdb) and file formats (samples as rows, samples as columns, one analyzed value for each row, PHREEQC output)
- Export stations, analysis data and geochemical plots to various file formats including Windows Metafile (.wmf), ESRI Shapefile (.shp), concentration observation well data for MODFLOW simuilations, Google Earth (.KML).
- Create simple to complex data queries and easily extract vital information about your water quality data
- Gain insight into the reliability of your water sample analysis with various automatic QA/QC checks including Duplicate, Outlier and Holding Time Analysis, Control Intervals, Method Detection Limit, Reliability Checks and Total/Dissolved Comparison.
I really enjoy analysing water quality data with AquaChem!
Interactive GeoChemical Plots
AquaChem is capable of generating the following geochemical plots:
- Correlation plots: Scatter, Ludwig-Langelier, Wilcox, Depth Profile
- Summary plots: Box and Whisker, Frequency Histogram, Quantile, Detection Summary, Meteoric Water Line, Stacked Bars
- Multiple parameter plots: Piper, Durov, Ternary, Schoeller
- Time-series plots
- Geothermometer and Giggenbach plot
- Probability plots
- Single sample plots: Radial, Stiff, and Pie
- Thematic Map plots: Bubble, Pie, Radial and Stiff plots at sample locations
AquaChem allows you to create multiple plots for the same dataset and view these plots simultaneously side-by-side. All plots are interactive which means when you click on a data point, its corresponding sample is highlighted in the sample list. This is useful for identifying outliers.
Water Quality Data Analysis
AquaChem comes with a comprehensive calculators and converters that allow you to perform quick, on-the-fly analyses on your water quality data. AquaChem is capable of the following calculations and conversions:
Water Quality Statistics
AquaChem includes a comprehensive list of statistical features, optimized to work with your water quality data. Statistical features included are:
|Trend Analyses||Trend analysis estimates a potential positive or negative trend that may be present in your water data. The following trend tests are supported: Mann Kendall, Seasonal Mann Kendall, Sens’s Test, Linear Regression, Spearman’s Rank Correlation|
|Outlier Tests||Outlier tests identify outliers in your data – measurements that are extremely large or small relative to the rest of the data. The following outlier tests are supported: Extreme value test, Discordance test, Rosner test, Walsh Test|
|Summary Statistics||An automatic report that calculates basic statistics for a group of water samples. Statistics include minimum, maximum, range, interquartile range, arithmetic mean, standard deviation, non parametric quantile, confidence interval, skewness, kurtoisis and more.|
Statistical analyses can be run for multiple samples and parameters simultaneously, and results can be easily plotted and exported to common file types (.xls, .csv and .mdb)
In just a few clicks, AquaChem delivers ready-made reports that contain key information about your water quality data. Report layouts can be fully customized using the Report Designer to accommodate specific project needs. The following automatic reports are supported:
|Data Summary||Generates a summary for the AquaChem database and all stations and samples currently displayed in the sample list|
|Compare Sample||Compares a sample in your database to one or more samples|
|Mix Samples||Generates solution concentrations resulting from the step-wise mixing of specified proportions of two selected samples|
|Water Quality Standards||Provides a summary of parameters exceeding the established Water Quality Standards for the selected samples.|
|Hardness Dependent Standards||Provides a summary of parameters exceeding water quality criteria for metals|
|Rock Source Deduction||Provides a summary of the kind of minerals the water sample has been in contact with during its subsurface journey|
|Sample Summary Report||Provides a general overview of a single sample including major ions, hydrochemical facies, calculated hardness, ion balance, ion ratios, etc.|
|Thermometers||Lists the geochemical thermometers and their estimated temperatures|
|Isotopes||Lists the concentrations of isotopes 18O and 2H as well as infiltration temperature and height for 18O.|
Advanced GeoChemical Modeling
AquaChem links seamlessly with the popular geochemical modeling program, PHREEQC, for calculating equilibrium concentrations (or activities) of chemical species in solution and saturation indices of solid phases in equilibrium with a solution. For more advanced simulations, you can link to the USGS programs PHREEQCI or PHREEQC for Windows, and use your AquaChem samples as input solutions for these modeling utilities.
|Operating Systems||Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise|
Windows 8.1 Pro or Enterprise
Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate
|Processor||32-bit or 64-bit|
|Hard Disk||250 MB|
|Networking Hardware||Network Card (required for soft key licensing)|
Users running Windows 8.1 or 10 need to have full local admin rights on their machine and run the program in compatibility mode.
Microsoft Access (32-bit) 2003, 2007 or 2010 installed. Microsoft Access 64-bit is currently not supported.
Note: If you do not have MS Access (or have a later version) please install the free Access Runtime Engine.
|Commercial Standalone License||$1595.00 USD|
|Commercial Team License||$2392.50 USD|
For more information on our Government License options, please contact our sales team directly – email@example.com
AquaChem Support Resources
- LinkedIn User’s Group
- Getting Started with AquaChem
- AquaChem Installation and Licensing Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- User’s Manual (PDF)
- User’s Manual (Online)
- AquaChem ReadMe
- Demo Guide
Software Technical Support
Our hallmark reputation is also based on our unparalleled product support after the sale, and our unwavering commitment and loyalty to our customers.
Have you found a bug in our software? Are there features you would like to see included in future releases? You can help make AquaChem better by sending us your suggestions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org