AquiferTest is an easy-to-use software package for analyzing, interpreting and visualizing pumping and slug test data.
Pumping & Slug Test Analysis, Interpretation & Visualization Software
AquiferTest is an easy-to-use software package for analyzing, interpreting and visualizing pumping and slug test data. Designed by hydrogeologists for hydrogeologists, AquiferTest delivers all the tools needed to accurately interpret data from all types of aquifers in all types of test conditions.
Why Choose AquiferTest?
- Intuitive, easy-to-use graphical user interface
- Analyze test data from pumping tests, slug tests and Lugeon tests
- Seamless integration with pumping test instrumentation including Diver dataloggers and Level Loggers
- Diagnostic plots and derivative analysis for identifying aquifer conditions from test data
- A comprehensive suite of analysis methods and solutions suitable for all types of aquifers including confined, unconfined, leaky and fractured aquifers
- Easily account for various well conditions including wellbore storage, horizontal wells and single well analyses
- Advanced pre-processing tools for barometric compensation and trend correction
- Automatic type curve matching
- Simplified contour plots and streamlines of drawdown solutions
- Predictive water table drawdown at planned well locations
- Customizable professional-quality analysis reports
- Over 15 years of continued development and support by groundwater experts
- Lots of tutorials to help you get started quickly
Worldwide AquiferTest Users
AquiferTest is Waterloo Hydrogeologic’s robust and reliable software package for analyzing, interpreting and visualizing pumping and slug test data.
- Reliable and easy-to-use tool set to analyze and report on aquifer properties using the major analysis techniques
- Produces automated professional-looking reports
- Option to view multiple analyses in the same project
- Active maintenance/support
Learn more about robust and intuitive new benefits and user-friendly features available now in AquiferTest 10.0!
- Online base mapping* – for projects using UTM coordinates you can now specify and configure connections to XYZ-image tile servers including open data servers such as Open Street Map, or commercial tile servers such as those hosted by ESRI, Bing, or Google (commercial tile servers require a valid API key).
*Available in AquiferTest Pro 10.0 only
Easy and flexible data importing
Save time and go straight to the analysis with flexible data import options. Quickly import field data from common file formats and virtually any groundwater datalogger on the market.
- Excel (XLSX)
- ASCII Datalogger (.ASC, .TDxt)
- Level Logger (.LEV)
- Diver Datalogger (.MON)
Diagnostic plots for choosing the best analysis
AquiferTest provides a set of powerful diagnostic plots that help you easily identify model assumptions and select the most appropriate analytical solution for your pumping test data.
An extensive suite of analytical methods
AquiferTest delivers an extensive set of solutions suitable for all types of aquifers and test conditions. Analyse confined, unconfined, leaky, and fractured aquifers. Account for various well conditions including wellbore storage, horizontal wells, and single-well analyses.
|Drawdown Plots||Time Drawdown Plot|
Time Drawdown-Discharge Plot
|Pumping Tests||Theis (confined)|
Theis with Jacob Correction (unconfined)
Hantush-Jacob (Walton) (Leaky)
Hantush (Leaky, with storage in aquitard)
Warren Root (1963) (Dual porosity, Fractured flow)
Moench (Fractured flow, with skin)
Cooper Papadopulos (Well bore storage)
Agarwal Recovery (recovery analysis)
Theis Recovery (confined)
Cooper Jacob 1: Time Drawdown
Cooper Jacob 2: Distance Drawdown
Cooper Jacob 3: Time Distance Drawdown
Hantush Bierschenk (drawdown test and well loss analysis )
|Well Performance||Specific Capacity|
Colour contouring and color shading
Gain a deeper understanding of your test data and take your reports to the next level with colourful contour maps showing drawdown data and well interference over aerial and satellite site maps.
Automatic analysis reports
Automatically transform raw analyses to professional-quality reports that include your company logo, name, project information, well data, analysis graphs and site maps. Reports templates can be customized exactly the way you want them, and saved as PDFs for easy sharing.
Barometric and baseline trend correction
AquiferTest Pro provides pre-processing tools that ensure your water levels are corrected for baseline trends (trend effects) and barometric pressure changes.
Automatic type curve fitting
Show type curve families on analysis graphs for enhanced visual curve matching of complex aquifer conditions arising from variable pumping rates, aquitard storage and boundary effects.
AquiferTest System Requirements
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise|
|Processor||Pentium 4, 64-bit|
|CD or DVD Drive||CD-ROM Drive|
|Hard Disk||100 MB|
|RAM||512 MB (1GB or more recommended)|
|Networking Hardware||Network Card (required for licensing)|
AquiferTest Feature Comparison
|Commercial Standalone License||$959.00 USD||$1495.00 USD|
|Commercial Team License||$1438.50 USD||$2242.50 USD|
|Standard Pumping Test Solutions|
|Pumping Test Recovery Analyses|
|Standard Slug Test Solutions|
|Lugeon Test (Packer Test)|
|Fully or Partially Penetrating Wells|
|Single or Multiple Pumping Wells|
|Constant or Variable Pumping Rates|
|Aquifer Bounded by Barrier or Recharge Boundary|
|Isotropic or Anisotropic Aquifer|
|Well Effects (well bore storage)|
|Fracture Flow Solution (Moench, Warren-Root)|
|Well Performance Solutions (Specific Capacity, Hantush-Biershenk)|
|Plotting Wells on a Site Map|
|Horizontal Wells (Clonts & Ramey)|
|Well Skin effects (Agarwal)|
|Plotting/Contouring Drawdown on a Site Map|
|Trend Effects / Barometric Correction|
|Multi-Layered Aquifer Analysis|
AquiferTest Support Resources
- LinkedIn User’s Group
- Getting Started with AquiferTest
- AquiferTest Method Selection Advisor – identify the best pumping test solution for your data, based on your test conditions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- User’s Manual (PDF)
- User’s Manual (Online)
- Demo Tutorial
- AquiferTest ReadMe
- Confined Aquifer – Theis Analysis
- Leaky Aquifer – Hantush – Jacob Analysis
- Recovery data Analysis – Agarwal Solution
- Confined Aquifer, Multiple Pumping Wells
- Adding Data Trend Correction
- Adding Barometric Correction
- Slug Test Analysis – Bouwer & Rice
- High-K Butler Method
- Derivative Smoothing
- Horizontal Wells
- Wellbore Storage and Skin Effects
- Lugeon Test
- Multi-Layer Aquifer
- Slug Test Analysis – Binkhorst & Robbins
Software Technical Support
Our hallmark reputation is also based on our unparalleled product support after the sale, and our unwavering commitment and loyalty to our customers.
Have you found a bug in our software? Are there features you would like to see included in future releases? You can help make AquiferTest better by sending us your suggestions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org