We are looking for someone to help our users to better understand how to use our software to solve environmental problems around the world. You understand the world our clients work in and want to help us create and deliver the content they need to use our software and to deal with this unique market.
The Groundwater Modeling Training Specialist will be responsible for preparing and conducting training curriculum for applied groundwater modeling, environmental data management, and our other environmental software products. The candidate must be comfortable interacting with our domestic and international customer base and network of industry partners whose experience may range from beginner to expert with our software products. This position will be expected to travel up to 15-20% of the time to conduct training sessions, when onsite training is dictated. The ideal candidate will be based out of the Company’s office in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Develop technical training programs for our software applications (Visual MODFLOW Flex, Hydro GeoAnalyst, AquaChem, AquiferTest) and related underlying hydrogeologic principles, methods, and applications.
- Prepare and maintain training material (presentations, lectures, exercises, videos, webinars, worksheets, and documentation, etc.) as new software versions are released.
- Deliver on-line and in-person training for courses, webinars, workshops, and tutorials for groups or individuals.
- Arrange for and conduct on-site training when needed.
- Produce training schedules and classroom agendas.
- Support the sales team, distributor network, and other business partners to identify and execute training opportunities and strategies globally.
- Co-author conference papers and/or journal technical articles.
- Periodically review overall effectiveness of programs and contribute to our continuous improvement goals.
- Help develop and conduct software benchmark tests for use by the software development team.
- Assist the Support team with more complicated client support cases and/or extended support services.
Experience, Skills and Education
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working on groundwater modeling and other hydrogeologic/environmental projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with Fluency in English.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Comfort with independently learning new software/computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to think quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability/willingness to travel internationally for scheduled training and conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and achieve goals.
- Ability to work independently and follow standard processes.
- Enthusiastic personality who communicates with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Graduate Degree in Hydrogeology/Earth Sciences or Civil/Environmental Engineering.
- Professional Geoscientist. or Professional Engineer license.
- Teaching experience.
- Knowledge of Geographical Information System (GIS) software (ESRI ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro and/or QGIS).
- Experience with Visual MODFLOW Flex, Hydro GeoAnalyst, AquiferTest, and AquaChem, databases (Access and/or SQL).
For over 30 years, Waterloo Hydrogeologic has developed cost-effective software solutions for assessing, developing, and managing the world’s water resources. Our clients provide comprehensive assessments of surface water and groundwater resources, practical engineering solutions for water related projects, and an awareness of environmental and sustainability issues that are key to successful water resource management. For more information, please visit www.waterloohydrogeologic.com.
Please submit your resume with cover to Dmott@novavg.com. This position requires a minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience.