The Sample Report provides you with the tools to build a customized summary of sample results for a select set of samples that includes optional statistics and comparisons to one or more active standards.
The Sample Report view can be accessed by selecting Samples > Sample Report from the Main Menu.
The main toolbar of the Sample Report view contains the following controls:
• Execute: builds the sample report based on the current criteria.
• Save: saves the sample report.
• Save As: saves a new copy of the sample report.
• Refresh: refreshes the sample report and project database and discards any unsaved changes
• Print Preview: provides a print preview of the sample report when viewing the Pivot View or the Tabular View.
• Export Data: exports the Pivot View or the Tabular View, whichever is active.
The Settings View allows you to build the Sample Report by selecting a set of samples and a group of parameters. The report may also include statistics about the set of samples for each parameter and comparisons to one or more water quality standards.
The left-most portion of the settings tab contains options to include the selected samples or a selected sample set or station group.
The middle portion of the Settings tab contains a parameter picker. Parameters can be selected for use in the Sample Report by using the directional arrows:
• add selected parameters to the Sample Report
• add all parameters in the sample picker to the Sample Report
• remove selected parameters from the Sample Report
• remove all parameters from the Sample Report
The following statistics may be included in the Sample Report:
As part of the Sample Report, you may select one or more Water Quality Standards to include in the report. Options include:
•All selected parameters: all parameters will be included in the sample report
•Only parameters with applicable standard(s): only parameters with an applicable standard will be included in the sample report.
•Only parameters with exceedances: only parameters that exceed an
Only active water quality standards will be shown in the list of available standards.
The Pivot view provides a structured view of the Sample Report. Columns will be shown in the following order:
•Parameters: the names of parameters selected in the settings
•Unit: units of the project parameters
•Standards: water quality standards selected in the settings
•Samples: samples selected in the settings. A column for the qualifier, value, and data flags will be shown for each sample. Values that exceed a standard will be highlighted using the exceedance color of that standard
•Statistics: statistics selected in the settings
The tabular view provides a "flat" database view of the Sample Report that may be useful for exporting to other applications.