Hydro GeoAnalyst (HGA) is our comprehensive and easy-to-use environmental data management system. HGA integrates customizable database structures used around the world with state-of-the-art tools for data interpretation, statistical analysis, Geographical Information System (GIS) mapping, data charting, and visualizations in two or three dimensions.
HGA gathers varied project data into one place to efficiently collect, manage, and report on critical important items over the lifetime of a project.
Waterloo Hydrogeologic proudly introduces a new edition of HGA called Hydro GeoAnalyst Plus (HGA+) which integrates the geochemistry features that have made AquaChem so successful into the data management and extensibility capabilities of HGA.
Environmental Data Management, Analysis and Visualization Software
Hydro GeoAnalyst is the all-in-one groundwater and environmental data management system that stores and organizes environmental data, and helps you quickly create comprehensive analytical results that are reliable and easy to understand.
With Hydro GeoAnalyst, environmental professionals, geoscientists and government agencies have all the tools required to effectively and efficiently manage large volumes of data, and make informed decisions about environmental and water resources.
Some typical applications for HGA include:
HGA consists of an application that connects to an SQL Server database and facilitates data management, analysis and interpretation, and collaboration through various purpose-built modules. HGA helps you work with large volumes of environmental data without requiring in-depth knowledge of SQL. HGA+ extends these capabilities by adding modules specifically designed to work with geochemical data and a console for use R to get even more out of your data.
Why Choose Hydro GeoAnalyst?
Save time and money
Increase efficiency and achieve cost savings with streamlined and automated data collection, data import, analysis and reporting workflows.
Improve data quality
Hydro GeoAnalyst standardizes your organization and intelligently validates all data upon import, ensuring it meets quality requirements for reliable analyses and informed decision making.
Get started fast
Hydro GeoAnalyst helps you kick start your project by providing an environmental database template that consist of tables and fields for common environmental data types, common well profile templates and report templates.
Always be in control
Unlike other commercial environmental data management software packages, Hydro GeoAnalyst gives you complete control over your database, allowing you to fully customize the database structure to accommodate project needs and scale your database as data volumes grow.
Gain critical insight
Gain greater insight into your environmental data with a suite of integrated analysis, interpretation and visualization tools including Map Manager, Cross Section Editor, Well Profile, Time Series Charts, Scene Viewer and more. Unlike other commercial data management systems, the analysis tools included with Hydro GeoAnalyst are developed solely by Waterloo Hydrogeologic which saves you money, guarantees interoperability, and simplifies procurement and license management.
Keep vital information at your fingertips
The Query Builder is a powerful tool that helps you create, save and recall simple to complex data queries without having to know complicated SQL syntax. Easily define the conditions of your query by dragging and dropping database fields, and choosing the desired logical operators (AND, OR, LIKE and IS).
Collaborate and communicate efficiently
Hydro GeoAnalyst stores all your data in a single, centralized database that can be accessed securely by multiple users across a network. Well Profiles, maps, cross-section diagrams, time-series charts and reports can be easily retrieved by team members and key decision makers.
Maximize efficiency in the field
Hydro GeoAnalyst streamlines field data collection with easy-to-use planning tools and support for mobile electronic data deliverables. Easily plan and schedule your field trips, and then conveniently collect your data using your Apple or Android mobile device.
- Manage data for local, state and federal groundwater monitoring networks
- Manage data associated with remediation projects
- Manage well construction details and registration information
- Analyze borehole data acquired for mineral exploration
- Interpret geologic and hydrostratigrpahic data
- Mapping and reporting of aquifer extents and geologic formations
- Store and report landfill monitoring data
- Evaluate and report the spatial distribution of water quality parameters
- Groundwater vulnerability assessment and protection planning
Worldwide Hydro GeoAnalyst Users
Hydro GeoAnalyst 9.0 is the latest release for our premium groundwater and environmental data management system. Hydro GeoAnalyst (HGA) organizes environmental data into a single repository with tools that enable users to quickly create reliable, analytical results that are comprehensive and easy to understand.
Introducing Our Premium Edition of Hydro GeoAnalyst Plus!
With this release, we are introducing a new premium edition called Hydro GeoAnalyst Plus (HGA+) which includes an integrated, powerful tool set to plot, analyze, and report on water quality and geochemical data. HGA+ combines the new geochemical analysis features available in HGA 9.0.
This new premium edition gives users a robust application that provides detailed answers related to your environmental and water related projects.
HGA 9.0 now has an enhanced plotting module capable of generating a variety of plots to help you better understand your data:
- Statistical Plots: Box and Whisker, Histogram, Probability, Quantile, Detection Summary
- General Plots: Scatter, Line, Pie, Stacked Bars, Radial, Time Series
*This new module helps you create powerful presentations using single plots or collections of related plots that draw attention to important items you want to highlight.
|Detection Summary||Quantile Plots|
HGA+ takes this enhanced plotting module a step further with tools to assess geochemical data and to make the information dynamic and interactive.
- Geochemical plots: Piper, Stiff, Durov, Schoeller, Wilcox, Giggenbach, Meteoric Water Line, Ludwig-Langelier, Ternary
- Interactive/Dynamic data: When users click on data points in a plot, the corresponding samples are highlighted in the sample list. Similarly, when users select samples from the Sample list, they will be highlighted on any plots in which they appear. This is useful for working with data to identify outliers or highlight interesting items.
- Query driven: With the addition of compound queries, even more meaningful plots can be built based on easy-to-create static and dynamic sample sets and station groups.
|Meteoric Water Line||Ludwig-Langelier||Ternary|
HGA 9.0 offers increased access to user data, and can pull the information easily to use in presentation and reports:
Compound Queries: Build Queries with nested conditions which helps to pinpoint the exact data you need to work with across multiple tables.
HGA+ comes with a comprehensive set of functions and converters allowing users to perform quick, on-the-fly analyses on water quality data. HGA+ is capable of the following calculations and conversions:
- Unit Conversion: HGA+ manages measurement and concentration units – switch between mass-, molar-, and equivalent-based concentrations on the fly
- Ionic Functions: Water Type, Electroneutrality/Ion Balance, Sum of Anions, Sum of Cations, TDS, Hardness, Alkalinity
- General: Date functions, Exceedance counts, Total Organic Carbon, Total Organic Halogens
- Corrosion and Scaling Indices: Langelier Saturation, Ryznar Stability, Puckorius Scaling, and Larson-Skold
- Agricultural Irrigation Metrics: Sodium Adsorption Ratio, Magnesium Hazard, Residual Sodium Carbonate
- Enthalpy: Enthalpy of water (liquid or vapor) based on temperature or dissolved silica
- Isotopes: Estimates of infiltration elevation and temperature based on Oxygen-18 and Deuterium isotopic fractionation
Quickly generate powerful reports and presentations with HGA 9.0:
- Macro-Enabled Reports: Print-to-Office Templates support macro-enabled documents (.docm, .xlsm, .pptm) so users can build advanced reporting features
HGA + Sample Report: HGA+ allows users to build standardized sample summary reports that calculate statistics, including min/max, specified quantiles, and the mean. Reports have the option to compare results to active Water Quality Standards.
- Parameter Editor: Create lists of parameters based on a field in the sample analysis table. When importing new data users can choose to add new parameters based on this field – this greatly improves automating parameter management.
- List Editor: Create and add to lists in the List Editor and Template Manager based on values in present in a specified field, and update the list when importing new values
- SQL Server Versions: Support for databases stored in SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2019
Import AquaChem 2014 projects directly into HGA+
The modules of HGA are organized into categories for Data Management, Analysis & Interpretation, Collaboration, and the extra modules available in HGA+.
|Operating Systems||Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise|
|Processor||32-bit or 64-bit|
|Hard Disk||500 MB (Minimum)|
|RAM||8 GB or more recommended|
|Networking Hardware||Network Card (required for soft key licensing)|
- Microsoft .NET Framework v.4.0 or higher
- Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2005 Redistributable
- Microsoft Access Runtime 2007 (If Access is not already installed)
Due to recent Windows 10 updates:
- HGA must be installed using Administrative rights and Windows 7 Compatibility Mode. Once installed, HGA will run normally without the need for either.
- The .NET 2.0/3.5 framework must be enabled in Windows 10 settings.
For the Mobile EDD features, we recommend the following:
- Apple or Android device
- Safari or Chrome mobile internet browser
The Hydro GeoAnalyst Quick Checker
The Quick Checker is now installed automatically with HGA. If however you wish to run it on a computer that does not have HGA installed, you can do so by using the stand alone installation.
Download HGA Quick Checker Stand Alone Installation
SQL Server Requirements
HGA databases can be stored on SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 or 2019. We support Full SQL Server Editions as well as Express or Local DB.
Please Note: An instance of SQL Server 2014 Local DB is automatically installed with HGA.
For maintenance, upgrade, student, and institutional pricing, please contact our sales team – firstname.lastname@example.org
|Material Specification Editor|
|Link to AquiferTest|
|Water Quality Standards|
|Interactive Plot Module|
Already have a license and looking to upgrade to the latest version? Please contact us for upgrade pricing.
Hydro GeoAnalyst Support Resources
- LinkedIn User’s Group
- Getting Started with Hydro GeoAnalyst
- Download HGA Quick Checker Stand Alone Installation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Environmental Data Model (Diagram)
- User’s Manual (PDF)
- User’s Manual (Online)
- Hydro GeoAnalyst ReadMe
- White Papers and Technical Articles
Software Technical Support
Our hallmark reputation is also based on our unparalleled product support after the sale, and our unwavering commitment and loyalty to our customers.
Have you found a bug in our software? Are there features you would like to see included in future releases? You can help make Hydro GeoAnalyst better by sending us your suggestions. Email us at email@example.com