We are looking to add a developer to our team to help with our suite of commercial, scientific software products. We have a small but idealistic group committed to helping professionals around the world solve some of the most important problems being faced in our environment, namely, how to manage our water resources more effectively.
As a member of Waterloo Hydrogeologic team, the successful candidate will work with other talented and passionate software developers to improve and expand the functionalities of our commercial, scientific software products that are widely used in the environmental industry around the world. This position will be based out of the Company’s office in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Write clean, effective, robust, and maintainable C# code to address defects and implement new features.
- Attend and contribute to regular scrum and planning meetings.
- Create unit tests for work completed.
- Regularly participate in design decisions and code reviews.
- Work effectively with others in a team environment and follow standard processes.
- Assist with client escalations when requested.
Experience, Skills and Education
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or 3+ years’ relevant experience.
- 3+ years’ experience building .NET applications using Visual Studio.
- Significant working knowledge of C# and Windows Forms.
- Experience with application GUI design.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with experience meeting project deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database design.
- Strong desire and ability to learn and share knowledge with the team.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Experience following an Agile software development methodology.
- Exposure to commercial software development standards.
- Knowledge of Fortran, F#, Delphi or C++
- Knowledge in hydrogeology would be a bonus
For over 30 years, Waterloo Hydrogeologic has developed cost-effective software solutions for assessing, developing, and managing the world’s water resources. Our clients provide comprehensive assessments of surface water and groundwater resources, practical engineering solutions for water related projects, and an awareness of environmental and sustainability issues that are key to successful water resource management. For more information, please visit www.waterloohydrogeologic.com.
Please submit your resume with cover to Dmott@novavg.com. This position requires a minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience.