Introducing the NEW AquaChem 9.0 Interface
Our powerful new redesign – AquaChem 9.0 – standardizes, streamlines, and automates your project workflow through an intuitive set of modules – get more accomplished in less with time with AquaChem 9.0!
AquaChem’s analysis tools cover a range of functions and calculations including unit transformations, charge balances, and statistics. These powerful analytical capabilities are complemented by an extensive selection of commonly used geochemical plots representing the chemical characteristics of water quality data and a console for R scripts that offers powerful data science tools.
AquaChem is a groundwater software package specifically designed for anyone working on environmental projects requiring management, analysis, and reporting of water quality data.
- Easily import data from various file types (.txt, .csv, .xls, .xlsx, .mdb, and .accdb) and formats (samples as rows, samples as columns, one analyzed value for each row).
- Export stations, analysis data and geochemical plots to various file formats including MS-Excel spreadsheets (.xlsx), text files (.txt, .asc), MS-Access databases (mdb, .accdb), and customizable print-ready Excel and PowerPoint templates (.xlsx, .pptx)
- Define sets of samples and sampling locations based on static lists (such as locations at a given site, watershed, or regulatory status) or dynamic criteria such as exceedances or sample collection time horizons so that you can easily and quickly generate periodic reports and drill down to the specific information that you need
- Data management workflows include data quality checks ensuring users have completed/included required information and that it meets specified
- Import and manage Water Quality Standards in your project so that you can track project-specific regulatory requirements. Exceedances are automatically color-coded for quick reference.
AquaChem is capable of generating a wide variety of plots to help you better understand your data:
- Geochemical plots: Piper, Stiff, Durov, Schoeller, Wilcox, Giggenbach, Meteoric Water Line, Ludwig-Langelier, Ternary;
- Statistical Plots: Box and Whisker, Histogram, Probability, Quantile, Detection Summary; and
- General Plots: Scatter, Pie, Stacked Bars, Radial, Time Series
AquaChem allows you to create multiple plots for the same datasets and view these plots simultaneously side-by-side. The plots can be made interactive which means when chose to base your data on dynamic sources, you can click on data points in the plot and the corresponding samples are highlighted in the sample list. Similarly, you can select samples from the Sample List and they will be highlighted on any plots in which they appear. This is useful for exploring and analyzing the data, and for identifying outlier or otherwise interesting data.
AquaChem 9.0 comes with a comprehensive set of functions and converters that allow you to perform quick, on-the-fly analyses on your water quality data. AquaChem 9.0 is capable of the following calculations and conversions:
- Unit Conversion: AquaChem manages measurement and concentration units for you – switch between mass-, molar-, and equivalent-based concentrations on the fly.
- Ionic Functions: Water Type, Electroneutrality/Ion Balance, Sum of Anions, Sum of Cations, TDS, Hardness, Alkalinity
- General: Date functions, Exceedance counts, Total Organic Carbon, Total Organic Halogens
- Corrosion and Scaling Indices: Langelier Saturation, Ryznar Stability, Puckorius Scaling, and Larson-Skold
- Agricultural Irrigation Metrics: Sodium Absorption Ratio, Magnesium Hazard, Residual Sodium Carbonate
- Enthalpy: Enthalpy of water (liquid or vapor) based on temperature or dissolved silica
- Isotopes: Estimates of infiltration elevation and temperature based on Oxygen-18 and Deuterium isotopic fractionation
In just a few clicks, AquaChem delivers ready-made reports that contain key information about your water quality data. The following automatic reports are supported:
- Sample Report: A standardized sample report that tabulates sample results; optionally compares results to active Water Quality Standards and calculates summary statistics, including min/max, specified quantiles, and the mean.
- Data Reports: Export data tables to print-ready MS-Excel templates that you can customize.
- Plot Collections: Print collections of plots based on dynamic conditions or set lists of data. You can easily set up a series of plots for periodic reporting and export the plots to print-ready formats in a few clicks.
AquaChem 9.0 includes a console that allows you to run scripts in the R scripting language and leverage the thousands of available libraries that facilitate data analyses, visualization, categorization, and much more.