Water quality data management, data analysis, and reporting using AquaChem and USGS PHREEQC software applications.
Course Code: WQDM
Course Software: AquaChem
- Lecture: An Introduction to Water Quality Data Management using AquaChem
- Lecture: Data Management in AquaChem
- Exercise: Lab Exercises 1 & 2
- Lecture: AquaChem Tools, Reports and Statistics
- Exercise: Lab Exercises 3 & 4
Course Objectives and Benefits
From hands-on experience you will learn:
- How to effectively apply AquaChem to water quality analysis projects
- How to create your own hydrochemistry database
- Basic understanding of rock/water interactions
- How to quickly generate geochemical plots and prepare professional reports from water quality data analysis
- What to look for when evaluating data quality
You will also receive:
- Hands-on guidance with our expert instructor
- A digital copy of course lecture notes and lab exercises
- Copies of all supporting files required to complete the exercises.
- A Certificate of Completion
- A temporary (1-month) license for the applicable program.
Learn about your trainer: Brayden McNeill
Brayden is Waterloo Hydrogeologic’s in-house Training Specialist. He has his BASc, in Environmental Engineering and MSc in Earth Sciences, both from the University of Waterloo. His research focus was mine waste management, specifically the geochemistry of sulfide oxidation causing acid rock drainage. He is also interested in contaminant transport and novel subsurface remediation techniques. Brayden has been with the team at Waterloo Hydrogeologic since his graduation in 2016, and starts as Training Specialist in January 2018. Brayden leads our online training sessions, and manages our roster of expert consultants for advanced and international training opportunities. In his spare time, Brayden is an avid rock climber and likes to spend time with his dog, Opal.