MODFLOW-USG is a new version of MODFLOW that uses UnStructured Grids; this is a fundamental shift from the rigid finite difference structured grids used by MODFLOW-2005 and LGR, familiar to many groundwater modelers. The course is designed to introduce the participants to the concepts and applications of the MODFLOW-USG code using the Visual MODFLOW Flex interface. This course will discuss the theory of MODFLOW-USG, the input/output files, and how Visual MODFLOW Flex can be used to build the input files and analyze and interpret the results from a MODFLOW-USG run. The course provides a combination of lectures and hands-on exercises taught by one of our well-experienced instructors and are based on real-world problems.
Prerequisites: Completion of An Introduction to Groundwater Modeling using Visual MODFLOW Flex (self-study or online versions) or equivalent experience working in Visual MODFLOW
Recording Duration: 1 hour 6 minutes
Course Topics: MODFLOW-USG Theory, MODFLOW-USG GUI, MODFLOW-USG Case Study.
Our self-study courses include:
- Recordings featuring knowledgeable instructors skilled at communicating ideas and concepts
- A complete digital set of course notes
- A downloadable copy of the exercise files
- A temporary license of the software
- Supplementary material (as applicable)
- Reduce logistical costs associated with travelling to an off-site training course
- Enjoy technology-enabled hands-on learning from the convenience of your home or office
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to start and stop the program at anytime