Other Software Offerings
Compatible Hydrogeologic Software Offerings
Waterloo Hydrogeologic offers intuitive and helpful 3rd party software that elevates and strengthens your project results.
- MODFLOW-SURFACT Flow and Transport groundwater simulation software features many robust methods and enhanced simulation capabilities for handling complex saturated/unsaturated subsurface flow and transport processes. Based on the USGS modular groundwater flow model, MODFLOW.
- Golden Software is a scientific graphics software company that has a long-standing partnership with Waterloo Hydrogeologic. Golden Software have developed applications which can be used by our clients to enhance the models created using Waterloo Hydrogeologic’s Visual MODFLOW Flex.
MODFLOW-SURFACT™ is one of the most comprehensive flow and transport models available. Built around the MODFLOW code, MODFLOW-SURFACT includes advanced computational modules that are based on robust, efficient, mass-conserving algorithms making it faster and more accurate than its transport modeling counterparts.
- Handles complete desaturation and resaturation of grid cells
- Accurate delineation and tracking of water table position, taking into account flow in the unsaturated zone, delayed yield, and vertical flow components.
- Automatic and correct redistribution of the total flow rate of a well screened through multiple model layers when the upper cell(s) are pumped dry.
- Accommodation of wellbore storage and overpumped wells and prevents water table buildup beyond a specified recharge-ponding elevation.
- Adaptive time-stepping schemes automatically adjusts time-step size to the non-linearities of the system to optimize the solution stability.
- Capability of modeling unsaturated water or air movement.
- Enhanced Newton-Raphson linearization option increases robustness for unconfined and/or unsaturated flow conditions.