Ensuring the quality of our software and support of our clients is important to our growth with clients around the world. We have assembled a team of unique individuals who combine strong technical skills with a keen interest in helping to improve the environment we live in. This role will help us in two critical areas.
The Testing & Support Specialist is a member of our software development & support team helping to test and support our commercial, scientific software products. The bulk of the candidate’s time will focus on the testing of our products to assure the quality of our software. This position will also assist our Support team, in a backup role, when required. This position will be based out of the Company’s office in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Develop and execute test plans and test automation.
- Review new features and bug fixes in our software to ensure quality standards are met.
- Attend and contribute to regular scrum and planning meetings.
- Meet agreed to project deadlines and time commitments.
- Follow all testing and support processes to complete tasks.
- Professionally respond to assigned technical support questions using all available tools.
- Report software defects or suggested improvements to the development team.
- Provide remote troubleshooting for client support issues when necessary.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
Experience, Skills and Education
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or 3+ years’ relevant experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working with quality assurance methodologies.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Patience and the ability to problem solve when dealing with technical issues.
- Experience dealing with clients for computer support.
- Sound understanding of computer technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire and ability to learn and share knowledge with the team.
- Positive attitude with a Service orientation.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Experience with desktop software test automation using Python and Test Complete.
- Knowledge of database structures (SQL, MS Access, etc.) and basic networking.
- Experience following an Agile software development methodology.
- Experience with Azure DevOps Server & Dynamics CRM.
- Knowledge in hydrogeology would be a bonus.
For over 30 years, Waterloo Hydrogeologic has developed cost-effective software solutions for assessing, developing, and managing the world’s water resources. Our clients provide comprehensive assessments of surface water and groundwater resources, practical engineering solutions for water related projects, and an awareness of environmental and sustainability issues that are key to successful water resource management. For more information, please visit www.waterloohydrogeologic.com.
Please submit your resume with cover to Dmott@novavg.com. This position requires a minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience.