Construction professionals help to create or improve the physical environment we interact with through buildings and infrastructure. Remediation professionals get involved when a “mess” has been created and things need to be dealt with.
When a project starts, a pumping test may assist in understanding the hydrology of the site being developed. For longer-term projects that go down any depth where the water table needs to be lowered, modeling can help understand the impact actions taken at the site will have going forward and are a useful way to assess the impact on the environment. Our tools help clients understand the issues and make important decisions.
Remediation projects need to understand the mess being dealt with at a site, planning what to do and monitoring the impact actions taken have on the environment. Our tools help you to:
- manage volumes of specialized data, including geochemical information
- characterize the chemistry and geology of a site
- understand how things move through a site and degrade over time
- determine the fate of materials over time if you leave them to their own devices
- help you extrapolate what is happening at a site over time
Common issues we help Construction & Remediation clients with:
Visual MODFLOW Flex: Groundwater Simulation
Develop, run, and visualize groundwater models that simulate the groundwater system under various scenarios to assess past, present, and (potential) future conditions.
Water Quantity Evaluations
- Water Supply Evaluations/Groundwater Permitting
- Well Protection/Capture Zone Delineation
- Municipal/Industrial Well field design
- Water Management for Construction Dewatering/Mining
- Groundwater Use Impact Assessments
Water Quality Evaluations
- Evaluate Remedial Alternatives at Impacted Sites
- Monitored Natural Attenuation
- Pump & Treat
- In-Situ Treatment solutions
- Salt-Water Intrusion
- Geo-thermal heat-exchange
Hydro GeoAnalyst: Data Management
Aggregate, manage, and analyze the wealth of environmental data accumulated over time for a project or defined geography. Quickly and efficiently find, analyze, visualize, and report on relevant data through the use.
AquaChem: Geochemical Evaluation
Manage, plot, evaluate, and report on water quality and geochemical data using a comprehensive set of tools designed for geochemists.
- Analyze and report aqueous geochemistry of municipal groundwater supply wells
- Report analytical lab results of samples from contaminated sites
- Manage water quality data from sanitary landfills
- Identify mineralization trends for mining exploration
- Analyze, interpret and plot water quality data
- Identify and report water quality guideline exceedances
- Demonstrate regulatory compliance with chemical exceedance and trend analyses reports
Evaluate and report on pumping test, slug test, and lugeon test data to derive the fundamental hydrogeologic parameters affecting groundwater flow based on a comprehensive set of analytical solutions.